Tuesday, September 08, 2020

It's Here!

 Our first day with ALL the kids (not on remote or virtual) in school has finally arrived. I'm on the fence about how I feel about this. On the one hand I'm so ready to get this year started and have some normalcy but on the other, I'm prepared to go right back to remote pretty quickly. I think it won't be long before we start seeing an uptick in cases and teachers being quarantined but who knows. Friday actually went a lot better than I thought it would. I had a couple kids who didn't show but of course that's going to be case. I think it's going to be a bit of a shit show trying to teach online and remotely but I'll do my best and hope for the best. 

In other news: Did I go into my mentally ill kid who was a pain in the ass last Thursday? He claims he was having an anxiety attack regarding his mask but I think that was just an excuse to go sit in the nurse's office and avoid going to class. Well, mom emailed me last night and has asked that because of the stress I caused him last week that I have limited to no direct contact with him. Sounds good to me. Not to mention the fact that he doesn't have me for class. She also wants an exception made for him having to wear a mask so I'll pass that on to my admin. Dude just needs to stay home and do remote...put us all out of our misery. 

Okay - so no on to the fun stuff - questions 22-28. Enjoy

22. What is your most treasured possession? A ring I wear that my mother gave me. I never take it off. And my puppies!
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? I would imagine it would be the death of a child. 
What is your favorite occupation? Writer
What is your most marked characteristic? Truth-teller (according to Maggie)
What do you most value in your friends? Honesty
Who are your favorite writers? Pat Conroy, John Steinbeck, 
Who is your hero of fiction? Atticus Finch

Well, I'd better get a move on and head to work. I need to deal with a couple things before kids start rolling into school. Wish me luck. Fingers crossed there aren't a ton of snafus with my classes today! Happy Tuesday (yay...short week) stay healthy. 

No comments: