Thursday, December 14, 2017

I've Seen Better Days


Well, I didn’t get my car fixed yesterday as planned. Did I already mention that? I did, didn’t I? I’m a little short on sleep so forgive my ramblings, repeats and misspellings.

Yesterday went fine at the doctor. Of course we got there and Jim didn’t have a fever – which is good – but it makes him seem like a kook considering the 100.3, 101, 103, 102 reports he gave Jill. He has fluid behind his ears but his lungs sounded good. She put him on antibiotics and ordered him to take a regiment of NyQuil with it and get some sleep. That’s been the biggest issue. Jim’s sleep pattern is all messed up which means my sleep is messed up mainly because Jim keeps messing with the puppies sleep (up and down all night long). I’ve been awakened for the last 5 days or so at 3:00 AM and am never allowed to go back to sleep. I woke up this morning feeling like death (and looking that way as well, I’m sure). The issue this morning was Jim had to get up because he had diarrhea. UGH! One more thing. So of course I asked if he had sent a text to Jill and he said no because it’s back under control. I’m at a point right now where I’m exhausted and I just need to let Jim deal with that himself because I can’t be his babysitter anymore. He’s so bad at doing the things he’s supposed to do and I’m constantly having to ride his ass and be a nag. And then that puts me in a foul mood because I can’t stand to always have to bitch at him because he doesn’t take care of himself. I may be a bad nurse but I think half the problem is that Jim’s a terrible patient.

It’s almost a relief to go to work this morning. And looking at the calendar and realizing that this time next week I’ll be on break – though probably not in bed if these past 5 days are any indication – it gives me that extra boost.

Oh, and I’ll have to take Monday off now...but I won’t need a sub I don’t think since I’ll only have 3 kids or so who show up for GI.

And while I’m on my rant – can I just say I am in no way prepared for Christmas? It’s my favorite time of year and I just don’t have the spirit in me and that makes me sad. I just don’t get two shits right now. Maybe it’ll come. Maybe I’m just in a funk. UGH!

K – I’m out. Sorry about the downer post. I’m just tired. Later. Have a Thursday.

No comments: