Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Lots To Do!

Yesterday was fine. It was chock full of meetings, however, and I never got to do anything in my room until end of day. I did manage to get my desk semi-together and put away all the goods I brought in yesterday so that's something. I ended up staying a little late - left just before 3:30 - and then came home and put in about 2 hours of work. That will free me up to do the important stuff today. (Sami made it all day long without an accident! That's amazing! I thought for sure I'd have something to clean up. My little 15 year old just doesn't have the wherewithal she used to!)

My list for today is LONG and really I hope to get at least 1/2 done. It's piddly shit (putting binders together, making plans for the first day, setting up my desk, emailing and making phone calls, making copies) but has to get done. I have one set of parents coming in for a quick tour. It's a new kid on my caseload (sort of - he's only in the building one period per day) and his father. They just want to see his locker, classroom, guidance and the bathroom he can use (he's transgender). That will hopefully only take 15 minutes and hopefully no other parents surprise me with a visit.

Jim's coming for lunch (bringing Chipotle) since he's working about a mile up the road. BONUS and yum!

One nugget that's a bummer: One of our kids who deferred diploma last year and is supposed to be at the career center for just 1/2 day may be coming to the high school for the other half. This is the kid (Ike) who last year had a mental break - started hearing voices which, after hospitalization and returning from absence and supposedly on meds, was still hearing voices one of which was Satan wanting to have sex with him. So disturbing and obvious that for the rest of the year he was not well. He used to sit in my class while I read and just stare up into the corner and giggle at whatever was speaking to him. I guess he was hospitalized again over the summer and things are still bad. He's been very threatening toward mom and she's afraid for their youngest son (a step I believe). Really what mom is looking for is someone to babysit her son while she's at work because she doesn't want him home alone. UGH! I'm sure there's a more appropriate place for him than the high school. I've made it clear that it is NOT appropriate that he sit in my class when he doesn't need the credit and barely did the work last year.

Okay well, I need to get a move on. I want to get to school and be there as long as humanly possible today so I can get shit DONE! Didn't sleep great last night - woke up at 2:00 and probably only fell back asleep around 4:00...up at 5:00. That's okay - hopefully I'll sleep well tonight.

Happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments: