I went on a site just now to see what exciting holidays were being celebrated today, November 1st and the first thing that caught my eye was "Autistics Speaking Day". It had a link, I assumed to explain but when I clicked and went to the site, I was given no info. No explanation. I'm left to assume it means that today we should all speak in our favorite autistic person's manner of speaking. So I'll be going up to everyone I know and waving my hand in their face and saying, "Uh, GOOD MORNING! OKAY! GOOD MORNING, UH! Am I early? Uh, hi Mrs. Hanke, okay!?" And then I'll gasp sporadically and for no reason throughout the day. HUH! Okay!
It's also Hockey Mask Day which sort of freaks me out. Hoping I don't run into anyone celebrating that or I just might kick them in the junk. (Because you know only a guy would do that!)
Last night Jim and I pussed out of Halloween for the most part. We hung out with a couple of the neighbors (played a game of Euchre) prior to Trick or Treating but Jim can't walk and I just wasn't feeling it. I'm glad too because A) I was tired, B) I didn't want to drink and C) I wanted to lay in bed and be a bum. Mission accomplished.
What else? Oh, I have a student who apparently got suspended last week for drinking at school. Ten days out with recommendation for expulsion (won't happen). I was told yesterday about the incident around 1:30 (should have been told immediately). I was then told I was going to have to do a manifestation determination (special ed requirement to determine whether a student committed some dumb ass act due to their disability or not) Thursday at 8:00 AM. Uh, nope, I won't...sorry Mr. Coldtop (slacker VP) I have an IEP meeting at 7:30, which you know about because I included you on the invitation but of course you're so scattered and suck so bad, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Ugh. Oh well. Not my problem. Well, not my fault at least.
Okay that's all I've got. Time to get ready for school. Happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment