...we're on a 2-hour delay but I'm seeing a closing in my future. Several schools surrounding ours have closed already. Cincinnati Public is closed. As Maggie keeps asking me, "Am I ever going to go to work again?" Not sure but if we get a snow day this is number 5 and that's it. Problem with that? We have wind chills tomorrow and Friday that could be MAJOR! I saw one forecast that said wind chills of -27 degrees. Yowza. I jinxed us this weekend when I told Maggie we had only used 3 days and as long as we could get through February, we would probably be in the clear. Oops. My bad.
In other news - I'm supposed to have a union meeting after school today and I'm not sure if that will go on. I'm sure the roads will be fine by about 3:00 so maybe. We'll see. I'm sure the president will email.
Yesterday Jim and I were a bit stir crazy (though not getting on each other's nerves) so we headed to Shooters. Nice to get out. Other than that we played a ton of Wii. I'm getting better at ping pong but I still can't beat Jim. That's okay though because Jim can't beat me at tennis and we all know that's the harder sport so who's better? Me. Although, this is a video game and there isn't much athleticism going on either way. I'm sure the day will hold even more game play...if I end up sitting home.
Ooh, just saw my favorite Easter commercial...bock meow, bock meow: Cadbury eggs.
Oh, I forgot - safe travels to Maggie and Charlie who are this moment, at the airport heading to Punta Cana (assholes!). Can't believe they, once again, didn't invite me. RUDE! I think they may be staying here - at the Hard Rock Resort. Again - assholes!
One good thing (well, there are a ton of good things) about these snow days is I've been exercising every day. I managed to go 20 minutes Monday on the elliptical and 22 yesterday. My goal is 30 minutes. It's a tough workout so I need to work my way up.
I'm reading a REALLY good book if you're interested. So interesting. It's about a girl - Ursula - who is born in 1910. She keeps dying prematurely (first she dies in birth then at different stages in her childhood). She "learns" a little something every time and makes it a little further upon being "reborn". So interesting and it's all leading up to a major event at the beginning of WWII. I may just have to fore go the Wii today and read instead.
Okay well, I guess I'll end here and wait for school to close. K - later. Happy Wednesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment