So I've mentioned that negotiations are about to start for the new contract at school, right? And last week, the union president chose the bargaining team of which there are 6 teachers from varying schools and I'm one. Well, when the list came out, I thought...hmm...3 of those 6 are from the high school...I wonder if that will cause a stink. Fast forward to Monday and the emails start pouring in from varying members of the executive council (this is made up of building reps, the president, vp, and liaison head) because one person has pitched a fit. One person NOT on the executive council. One person who is pissed because he is not on the team. One person who until this year has NOT been in the union because he allowed his wife to influence him. One person who only joined the union this year to try and have his foot in every door possible (and I'm not sure what his agenda is but it isn't good). One person who has major conflicts of interest (his wife has talked for years about disbanding the union and she and this one person are chummy with the board who has been outspoken in their desire to give teachers a kick in the ass with pay cuts). It's just so crazy.
In the end, the executive council voted on whether they approved of the bargaining team chosen or not. It ended up 19 approved and 4 didn't. Landslide? I don't think this will be the end of it but I vow to keep my nose clean. If this one person (I believe I named him Baldie yesterday) tries to talk to me about it, I'm just going to say, "You know what? I don't think it's appropriate to discuss this." I wouldn't put it past him but he hasn't broached the topic with me yet.
So today is the MRI for my shoulder. I'm very anxious to get it done. Not because I'm worried about the pain - it doesn't hurt much when they inject the dye and it only lasts a couple seconds...I'll take that pain any day of the week over the pain I've been in - but because I need an answer for what's going on. I had a terrible night sleeping last night. I must have tweaked my shoulder 5 times and it's a pain that doesn't hurt initially but then heightens and really just brings tears to my eyes. It's so weird too because a week ago, the pain had gone away and I could reach behind my back again. Now, I'm back to the worst it's been. I can barely scratch my ass anymore with my left hand. It's tough to reach around with my right hand to scratch my left cheek. Tough and awkward and probably not a good sight for those watching. Anyway - I'll let you know what I hear (although I won't know anything today).
And that's about all I've got. I should be home by about 4:30. So excited for this weekend and hanging with the Egberts!
K - I'm out. Best finish my routine. Ooh, happy HUMPDAY! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment