When I filed my taxes, Turbo Tax said I should see my direct deposit in about 21 days. One week later - BOOM!!! Money in my account! Hot dog! I love good surprises. Time to schedule the carpet install upstairs!
Sorry I didn't post over the weekend...busy. We had a great time at Maggie and Charlie's. We enjoyed two amazing dinners at home (Friday - French onion soup with salad; Saturday - Crab legs, asparagus and baked potatoes) and one delicious meal out at The Pint House. There was crazy snow on Saturday - near white out conditions but we were in the restaurant and only about an inch or two fell. The biggest issue was the wind and cold weather.
Eva was a ton of fun. She and I did a lot of playing in her room with her animals and balloons. I also got to go to her swim lesson Friday morning. She is well on her way to swimming independently. She swam the length of the pool twice without a noodle (she had a bubble thingy on her back) and was SO proud of herself. Saturday night we had a dance off and Eva was definitely the winner. That girl has an amazing amount of energy and she's got some amazing dance moves as well. (Jim...not so much).
Yesterday, we left for home around 9:30. We had a bit of a delay because when I got into my car, three of my tires were showing low tire pressure (considering it was -1 degree out, it didn't surprise me). After three stops we finally found a compressor that was functioning and we were on our way. We arrived home - after a stop at Kroger - at noon. All we did after that was cuddle on the couch in front of a fire with our girl and watch TV.
Ooh, speaking of which - we finally watched the 2-episode premier of Better Call Saul (spinoff from Breaking Bad): LOVED IT! So happy it was good and love Bob Odenkirk - he really is an amazing actor.
Today - We'll be hunkered down most of the day due to our expected snowfall. We're set to get 4"-8". I need to go to the store (meatball hoagies for dinner...need buns and provolone) and will probably go here in about a minute. BREAK!
I just ran to the store and am back! I wanted to beat snowmegeddon and I did. Roads were just starting to get snow covered. Crossed fingers for a snow day tomorrow. I do have an IEP and will call the parent this afternoon to give warning. I don't think she'll show anyway.
This week we're looking at three days with lows in the negatives. BRRRRR!!! It's also going to be a BUSY week for me and cold!
Okay - well, I think it's time to pour a mimosa and think about breakfast. Later! Happy MONDAY!

No comments:
Post a Comment