Monday, January 17, 2011

Tidbits (or Bidtits as I like to say)

First of all - I've updated my book blog.  Mom - you need to read this book!

Poo calendar update
Squatting vs. Sitting:  "Squatting is actually a more effective and efficient way to expel stool from the body than sitting on a toilet seat.  The act of squatting changes the orientation of a group of muscles.  This creates a "straight shot" for the poo to effortlessly make its way out of the body.  Squatting, also known as the bombardier method, will also give you quads of steel."  Too bad its so cold outside or I'd head out with the pups and squat away with them in the backyard. 

Zeke update:  He's doing well.  Getting around and not seeming to be in too much pain.  I'm feeding him a ton to try and fatten him up before surgery and he seems to be less of a bony boy.  He loves going outside and rolling in the snow so of course I dread when the rain comes today and washes it all away leaving mud mud mud!  Ugh!  I just wish that for the next two months, while Zeke recovers, there was snow so I wouldn't have to worry about him slipping in my backyard and wiping off his feet.  Oh well.

Bubba had a run in with a neighbor dog yesterday.  Jim let him get too close to the invisible fence and Bubba got "attacked".  No skin was broken, there was no blood but the other dog got a hold of poor Bubba's hind area and I think he's majorly bruised.  He screams if you touch him there.  I don't want to blame Jim for this but what the hell!?  Ugh!  And then, last night when Bubba wanted on the bed and I went to lift his rump up, he squealed and Sami thought he was attacking me so she went after him and I stuck my arm in the middle to save him and got bit.  She didn't break skin but left some teeth marks and bruises on my arm.  Why does she do that!!??  Poor Bubba was feelin' right puny after that and climbed in the dog bed with Zeke for comfort.  It was really cute.  Zeke just let him (normally he'll growl and sort of yell at Bubba to "get the hell off") and Bubba laid there with his head on Zekey's butt. 

So today I'll just hang with my babies and sew and catch up on my TV shows.  Nothing special...just a night day off.  I guess I'll get to it...later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would love this book. When the dog found "his boy" I thought that Ethan was going to turn him over to the animal shelter. One of the best books I have even read Kathleen