Lets hope so. First it was baby shit green and we all know how I felt about that. (I could rehash it if you'd like. No? Well, okay - I'll refrain.) Then I had Jim paint it the same color that my bathroom is (we had leftover). That color, however, had too much of a yellow base and looking in the mirror made me/anyone look jaundiced. Yuck. Finally, I chose a new, blue color (comparable to what it was before) and hope that this will put an end to my cringing every time I walk past the bathroom. In addition, I'm hoping this will be a lesson learned for Jim. Who knows though - seems he never learns.
And here's the latest on the weather: The storm that has been working its way into a fury out west is heading east today. It will hit Friday/Saturday here but they are saying that the original fear of heavy snow and "white out" conditions will most likely not happen. The storm will be hitting further south and leaving Cincy with an inch or two. We'll see though...I'm guessing that it won't be until later today or tomorrow when we get a real grasp for what's going to happen out there. Fingers crossed. I mean, I love snow but I don't want us all to have to travel in it.
Today's events: I will be making the sauce today for my lasagnas and so, I will also do my grocery shop. For an app, I'm just going to do the crab meat dip. Hopefully that will be enough - I don't want people to fill up on apps and then not eat dinner. I'm thinking that for dessert I will serve my French cakes, Anne said she'd bring a cheesecake and I will get ice creams with toppings as well. Simple. I'll also start my cleaning today. I'm all done gift shopping and have even gotten all my stockingstuffers. I'm waiting for delivery of two last gifts which are in transit and will hopefully be here by today or tomorrow so I can get them wrapped.
Bathroom update: I just peeked at the paint and - EEK - I'm not sure I like it. It's looking too baby powder blue. Maybe it will darken as it dries. Oh boy! Regardless though, this will be the last time we paint (and by we I mean Jim). I guess this will spur us to redo the bathroom. Well, at least it doesn't smell too painty...Jim added vanilla to the paint to cut the odor and it seems to really be helping.
Alright well, I'm going to go make my list and get my day started. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment