Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Little Bit Of This - A Little Bit Of That

First of all - I watched a movie yesterday that I've wanted to see:  Winter's Bone.  This is a movie adapted from a book that I had read a couple years ago and Jennifer Lawrence who played Ree, the main character, is up for a Golden Globe.  Very good.

Second - I'm keeping an eye on the weather for X-mas Eve and things are not looking very solid.  They won't have a feel for what's going to happen until tomorrow but at this point they're saying we could get just a "trace" of snow or up to 8 inches.  WHAT!!!???  That's a rather huge window!  Why even put that out there?  That kind of shit just freaks people out (and by people I mean ME!!!) So I don't know what to think about this but will try not to worry.  In the meantime - we got another inch or so here last night which makes it the snowiest December in Cincinnati on record.  We've had lots of traffic issues here which means that Jim has hung out here a little later than usual - driving me crazy. 

By the way - in Colorado?  In the mountains?  They are expecting to have 8 FEET of SNOW by Thursday!  WTF?! 

I'm very sneezy today too.  And I'm having "hot flashes".  I think I must be going through "the change".  Hee hee (although I'm not really kidding about that).

By the way - one of J Bird's presents came yesterday.  I pulled it out and played the trumpet.  Oh boy are Trip and Susan going to hate me!  I think J will LOVE his band.  Maggie wants to get some cymbals to go with the set and tape them to J.J.'s knees so he can be his own one-man band! 

In other news - I've put "stars" on all my books on my book blog, making it easier for people to find good books to read.  You'll see the categories for the stars at the top right hand side of the blog under "Labels".  I think any book with 3 or more stars are worth a read.  Every one is different too so a book I thought deserved 3.5 stars may get 5 stars from someone else. 

Okay well that's all I've got...I need to figure out what I'm doing today.  I think I may try and finish sewing my pieces together for my Christmas quilt and then watch another movie...maybe do some cleaning and organizing for the company that I hope will be coming for X-mas Eve.  Eek!  K - later!

No comments: