So I was stumbling to the bathroom when Jim came upstairs this morning to drag me downstairs to see the screech owl posted on our fencepost. He was huge! And staring right at me. Jim got a bunch of pictures but he's hard to see with the dark of night fading and morning coming on...I hope he was scoping out some moles but Jim says he thinks he was really checking out our bunnies. Sami could certainly jump on board with that. Did I tell you all we have two sweet little bunnies in our back yard? Well, Sami has recently been hunting rabbits and she it HOT HOT HOT to catch one. She tip-toes outside and down the deck steps and then goes racing for the cut-off fence we have up (to keep the dogs out of the side yard where there's a ton of mud and grass doesn't grow there - that's where the bunnies live). The other day, I found her on the other side of the fence running around looking for bunnies. I fixed the fence and now she goes over there searching for a way to the other side - she's a bad dog. I don't know what she'd do if she caught one. Her "ratter" instinct is definitely alive though.Jim is currently painting the door frames for the bathroom as well as some of the wood trim. We've got all the baseboards ready for installation as well. Before that, however, today will be a day of grouting both shower and floor! We'll also hook up the lighting - I hope. I'll try and mow the lawn but it's pretty wet out there now (storms last night) and threatening to storm some more. Maybe just the front yard then. Tomorrow we're going to Raeburn for fun in the sun - can't wait. Maggie's coming down and possibly Charlie after he works...maybe we'll be able to all hang together and have dinner!?
Watched The Duchess yesterday (true story about the Duchess of Devonshire with Keira Knightley and Ralph Fiennes). It was really good. Sucked to be a woman back then, that's for sure! No rights whatsoever but men could do whatever they damn well pleased. Kind of a role reversal here in my household...oh God, I'm funny!Jim just walked by Zekey Zoo and said, "Hello dog face." Zeke replied, "Hi douche bag!" I don't know where Zeke hears these things! He's such a bad boy! So disrespectful to his daddy!
K - I'm going to go make my hubby breakfast. He's had a rough couple of days. Later.

No comments:
Post a Comment