Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary Jimmy Lou!!!

8 YEARS!!! We made it!!! So, for 8 years, the traditional gift is bronze/rubber. Contemporary is linens. And since Jim and I are all stocked up in rubber (oh, God that's funny!!!) I'll take some nice linens for my new bathroom, thanks!

This is funny: Last night, joking around after dinner I asked Jim what thoughtful present he had gotten me and I kidded, "I'm sure you spent a ton of time - weeks - thinking about my gift. I hope it's as special as what I got you!" (Of course this was a joke on my part - we don't normally get each other anything and I have gotten Jim nothing). So Jim goes, "Fine, close your eyes", and he runs out to the garage. I yelled out to him, "Don't bring me the new paint cans!" Instead, he came in with the cutest little two-person cake. It was so sweet...and delicious because of course we ate it and now since TODAY is our actual anniversary, I'll be FORCED to replace it...with an ice cream cake, you think? Yeah, me too!

Okay, let me just tell you that if you are EVER feeling down about yourself and need a boost, tune in to A&E on Mondays at 10PM. Their new show Obsessed is an absolute train wreck of anxiety ridden, OCD individuals who are completely out of their tree!!! Not that I'm judging. Last night there was this guy with trichotillomania (harming oneself). His "harming" was pulling out his hair. He was completely bald (though he did have eyebrows which kind of boggled my mind) but had little wounds all over his face and head because he'll have the need to pull out "40 hairs before leaving the apartment" including on his face. Weird! The even crazier thing? This guy was married. He's had this disorder since he was 5! What nut met this guy and had the wherewithal to fall in love and marry him!? Maybe another nut! Oh, and he has a kid too! Sad! I can't look away though.

Okay - so I'm planning on hanging out in the sun today after going to the store and returning my movie...watched Secret Life of Bees yesterday - really good...cried about 7 times. K - I got nothing else...later.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy anniversary!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and many more.