Monday, November 03, 2008

Completely Bummed Out!!!

I can't believe I missed "Cookie Monster Day"!!! I love him! I love the way he loves cookies and needs cookies, sings about cookies and eats cookies. I feel horrible that he wasn't recognized by me on his special day. I wish I could go down to Sesame Street and hug him and give him a bag of cookies.

So today is Sandwich Day! I'll have to be sure to eat a sandwich for lunch. I'll be down at Eastgate in a seminar on "Accelerating Student Learning and Motivation in Your Social Studies Class". Blah, blah, blah. It's really just a BS seminar so I can get some contact hours. But, these seminars usually don't suck and I'm sure I'll get some ideas I can take back to school. Regardless, I'm out of the classroom today and I get a much needed break from my kids, today and tomorrow.

Tomorrow is our In-Service day. I have to be there at 8 and will be in crap until 11:30 but then, the powers that be are letting us "do our own thing". We can stay at school and do a required Child Abuse thing or do it on our own time in the future (prior to March). Pretty sweet, huh? I'm excited. And the fact that I already voted means that I won't have to go stand in line either. Cause you know the lines are going to be CRAZY!!!

Thanks Jane for dinner last night! It was absolutely delicious. And do you know that when we left, I thought it was 9:30 - because you hadn't changed your clocks yet? I was so confused. Oh well, I got to watch the best part of Amazing Race.

Okay - I better get my shizz together - take some "piddly" stuff to "work on" during the down time of my seminar. Happy Monday, Sandwich Day and let's all take another moment to celebrate Cookie Monster too! Later.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I just ate some oreos in honor of cookie monster. BTW, I posted a ton of pictures. I was almost in my "week" posting window! I will miss you tomorrow. BTW, "mamma pig" gave birth today on Colonial House. The Kids all went, oooooooooooooooooooooh in unison. It was hilarious!