Sunday, November 16, 2008

10 Things I Need

1. New windows - my house is so drafty you can't imagine. And understand, I love a cold house. I keep my heat set on 60, but I know my money is flying out the window with these old freaking things. And the cheapest (only) quote we've gotten is $8,000 which includes all sliding glass doors but since we're still paying off the heat pump, we're just going to have to suffer for a while longer.

2. New curtains - since it isn't likely that I'll be getting new windows any time in the near future I need some nice, heavy curtains for my dressing room upstairs and the dining room windows. Not to mention new curtains in the kitchen cause the ones there now are worn away in spots.

3. A vacation - I feel like these last few weeks before Christmas break might just break me. I'm in dire need of some time off and I don't know why. The kids aren't really driving me crazy. I just have no desire to teach right now. Maybe I'm just feeling this way because I have two IEP's this week and I hate sitting/planning for these meetings. Who knows. Maybe I've hit the "burnt out" point with teaching. Maybe I need a new attitude.

4. Ideas for Christmas gifts for Jim - I have two ideas for him but other than that - I got nothing. I always end up getting him a bunch of clothes and that gets so old. And he doesn't care about clothes. What the eff am I supposed to get him?!

5. Liposuction - I don't mind getting older - really - I just hate that my body is no longer as "elastic" as it used to be. And it doesn't seem to matter that I eat well and avoid crap for the most part - I just seem to be getting jigglier and jigglier. It's a bunch of shit.

6. My own personal ironer - One of my most hated "Sunday jobs" is having to iron for the week. It makes me sad that the weekend is over and it just bums me out. I need to hire someone to take this job over for me - then maybe I'd have a better attitude for going to school on Mondays.

7. A dog to English dictionary - because Bubba is sitting here staring at me and barking/howling. I just wish I knew what he was trying to say to me. I think it's "Mom, put the computer down, pet and cuddle with me," but that's just a guess. A pretty good guess I think.

8. A new bathroom - I need to redo the bathroom. I love baths and I would love to have a bathroom that were my sanctuary. Right now my bathroom is just a tiny little nothing. I need to figure out a way to get my bathroom up to my standards without costing me an arm and leg.

9. I need a finished basement. If I had a finished basement, I could have all my exercise equipment down there and then I'd have a svelte, rock hard, jiggly-free body. No liposuction needed.

10. To win the lottery - all of the above problems would be solved (maybe not the dog-to-English dictionary). They say that money doesn't make you happy but it sure would solve a lot of the issues that cause me stress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.