I am now on to my next novel. Though I didn't realize it, I've read this author before - Fall on Your Knees - a novel I read years ago (an Oprah book) and loved. I hope to love this one as well. It's an epic novel about the McCarthy family starting in 1962 (no coincidence the name and time period, I'm sure). The family has just moved to Canada from Germany where the father, Jack, has been put in charge of a top secret assignment: caring for a Soviet defector who will eventually be transferred to the Americans. Jack discovers that the defector was also a former Nazi officer who commanded slave labor at the German rocket research facility..hmm. At the same time, his daughter, Madeleine, is dealing with some abuses at school, until one of her friends is found murdered. The mystery continues as we fast foward to Madeleine's adult years and struggles to make sense of what happened during her childhood. I'm sure there will be an epiphany and realization about her father tied in there somewhere. We'll see. I'll start it today.K - I'm off.

1 comment:
I just got caught up. I hope Sami is still Ok. Ozzie doesn't always do the "paddling". Most of the time he does. But he has seizures for like hours. Then he acts strange for like a whole day, usually real tired. He always loses control of bowels and pee. So,hopefully Sami didn't have a seizure. She will be Ok, I will pray for her! Tell her I said Hi!
Post a Comment