Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lots To Talk About

Yeah, not really. Um, it's really freaking hot here. In the 90s and I'm miserable. I'd love to go lie in the pool but, alas I don't have a pool. I could go to the parents pool but it's boring by myself. Anyone? Up for going to the pool? Refreshing, cool water? Tomorrow, the high is only supposed to be 81! I'm all hopped up about that. It's supposed to be really nasty though. A good day for the opening of...
HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX!!!

I can't wait to see it but I will because I don't want to be mobbed by the rest of the U.S. I'd like to go to a matinee with Jim but he's so busy right now that I doubt that will possible for probably a month. I would love to go see it with Maggie but there is so little time when she comes to town. Oh well.

Speaking of a pool: I've been thinking a lot lately about winning the lottery. (It is my dream someday. Like becoming a writer, I strive to become a lottery winner. Problem: I rarely play.) Anyway, I've been thinking about what I'd do if I won and here it is:

1. Pay all my bills (duh!!!) I know it isn't exciting or fun but that is the FIRST thing I'd do.
2. Get new windows in my house! (Now, some people would go out and buy a new house; something huge and big etc. but I hate moving and I love my house. For the most part). See, right now, my house is sort of hot because my windows suck and I WANT NEW ONES!!! But I don't have $10,000.
3. Chop down the three trees left in my backyard to make room for my...
4. ...pool. I would first level out the backyard and then put a pool in to the right of the deck (looking out from it). See from there, you can get plenty of sun and it is the most convenient in terms of its proximity of a fence entrance. It would need to be large enough to play games but I'll still need room for the pups to run around. I was going to make #5 be a hot tub but I think that should be put in with the pool so that is part of my "pool" dream. Also, I would reconfigure the deck and put the steps out from the front of it.
5. Get new carpet
6. Get a new car for Jimmy because his makes this rattling noise. Ooh, maybe get him a work truck and a new "car" so that he isn't messing up his good car. (For the time being, we'd both keep working because otherwise, I think we'd kill each other with boredom or end up divorced)
7. Finish the basement (so I have somewhere to put Jimmy when he annoys me - like he's doing right now. Maybe I'll put him down there now anyway.)
8. Redo my bathrooms. See, I'd redo the one in the upstairs hallway (put in pocket doors and a better bathtub, new counters etc.) and that would be Jim's. Then I'd redo his in the bedroom to be my "ultimate" for relaxation. Then, I'd move the laundry room down to the basement and move the 1/2 bath to where the laundry room is. This would allow for a more roomy "mud room" off the garage.
9. Buy a house in PIB - lake front of course - preferably on Peach Point near the family with a boat (that I don't know how to drive) and a wave runner and a house boy to kill the snakes (and take the fall for it when he gets busted by the law).
10. Give Maggie loads of money but only on the condition that she move back to Cincy. Now, you'd think this would be #1 but see, I have to punish her a little for leaving me in the first place. I'd also by her the house down the road that she has always coveted (you know the one Maggie, on Paxton Guinea by that big brick place); I'd make the current owners an offer they couldn't refuse! Then you'd be close enough to me to make us both happy but not too close to drive Charlie and Jim crazy.

(I'd also give money to the rest of the family to make their lives more comfortable)

11. Ooh, and get a new dishwasher (which is still broken) and refrigerator to match the rest of the appliances.
12. Ooh, and take the family on a trip to Scotland. I have it all planned out: Trip would golf with Jim and Charlie (does Charlie golf?); Mom and Richard and I would go on a tour of the pubs; Maggie and Charlie would visit different Beds and Breakfasts - hee hee; Dad and Becky could take Cullen around to the different places that a 13-year old would like and go with Anne and the kids. Then Susan would go shopping with me and Maggie and whoever else wants to join; Charlie would take a tour of the scotch factories. It would be awesome!
K - wish me luck with the lottery! I'm gonna go buy my tickets now! After I walk the dogs because my ass is getting wider as we speak.
13. Liposuction on my ass
14. Liposuction on my pot belly
15. Liposuction on my jiggly bits in general.
16. Money for my funeral after I die from Liposuction
17. K - skip the Liposuction and hire a trainer to whip my arse into shape!
Guess I did have lots to talk about.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

First, I'm open to feeling the liquid heaven of your parent's pool at any time if you ever need someone to go with.

Second, I don't see any mention of your colleagues (the ones you like) in your lottery plans. :-( I just want to say that we love you too.

Dogs Mom said...

Isn't it enough that I don't plan on quitting? Seriously though, you know I'd give you and my lubbies at work some "comfort" money!!!

Tell me when you are free to lounge at the pool and we're there...The next couple of days aren't going to be nice but I'm open after that! Same goes for my other lubbies out there.

Kim said...

First of all, you don't have any juggly bits, pot belly or anything else, silly. I however, think I will be keeping mine ( that I do have for real)since they don't seem to be going anywhere. Oh well, I guess I am a pleasantly plump 40 something grandma and that's ok!
Second, I am glad you would give me some comfort money, I would appreciate it very much, so can you get busy on that lottery business? Lastly, of course I want to go to lunch! This pleasantly plump body doesn't stay that way without some work you know! I am looking forward to it, and I love Mexican too!

Lisa said...

I think I'll probably go have lunch with John tomorrow, but I'm free Thursday or Friday to go to the pool. Or any day next week (except for Monday). Just let me know. So, when are we going to lunch, lubbies?

Kim said...

hey, I updated my blog, but it's not showing up again. When you get to my blog, you have to hit the search blog button and then it shows up. Isn't that stupid??