It was a pretty exciting first day here at the Bay...good and crazy...not bad but we may need to keep a keener eye on old Bussie.
First of all, the new wave runner is AWESOME! It runs like a dream and even though it's slightly different in how it is controlled, it seems much easier. After I went out alone to get the feel for it I took the girls out, one at a time, for a nice little jaunt. (Girls being, Eva and Brooklyn.) Of course it only had a half tank so of gas (barely) so Eva and I went over to the Boardwalk and gassed up. We then went to the pool because I was starved and the weather made for a perfect pool day. We had a truly beautiful, cloudless sky.
While at the pool the girls said, "Muwee...how opposed would you be to taking both of us out on the wave runner with you?" I said, "I'm not opposed at all. I think it's going to be 'interesting' but we can certainly try it out." We left the pool around 3:00 and then Eva, Brooklyn and I headed out. Let's just say we all ended up in the drink and not on purpose. The problem was, with three people the machine is really "top heavy" which makes steering a bit tricky, especially when the girls weren't quite versed in how to lean while turning. But we tried and had fun even if it meant we took an unexpected swim.
After that, I took the girls out singly, to the state park. The water was super calm so I was able to really get some speed and air. They seemed to have a lot of fun. I then took Maggie out and she didn't seem to enjoy the ride as much. As I said, it takes some getting used to with the gas because it's so touchy. It may have been a bit of a jerky ride for her.
After all that, we settled in to hang, watch some TV and then make dinner. Around sunset time, Maggie and I took the pups out back to hang on the seawall. We had them both on leashes and because Buster is so good (normally), I took his leash off so he could wander around. He proceeded to walk out to the edge of the seawall and then walk right off into the water. He had no idea he'd stepped off into the abyss. (BTW - it's about a 6 foot drop.) I had actually anticipated this happening and was on my feet yelling for him to stop just prior to his tumble but he wasn't hearing me. Guess where Muwee ended up? Yup...once again, in the drink. I immediately hopped into the lake. I don't think I'll get his look of terror out of my head for a bit. He ended up slightly on his back and though it's pretty shallow it's a far way down for that poor little fireplug. Thankfully, it wasn't rough so he was okay but it certainly scared him (and me and Maggie) and he won't be allowed out there again without a leash ever again.In the end, it was a pretty exciting day and I jacked my knee up pretty good, I think from my jump off the seawall but it's all fine.
Today is a bit of a rainy day. We're awaiting the storm that's about to settle in (loves me a PIB storm) but it should clear out around 1:00. We'll probably just hang, shop, go out for lunch and then who knows.
K - time for me to eat some breakfast. We made French toast, bacon and eggs. The girls are still asleep but I'm starved. Happy Tuesday. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment