Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Steamy

This heat is crazy. I'm sure it's no different than any heat wave from years before though. I guess since it's been a bit it just seems more oppressive than usual. Especially when I'm in my lovely air conditioned house and then I open the door to let the boys out and it hits me in the face. Holy merde! 

With this heat, I'm posting sooner than I would normally so that I can get my shit together and walk Scout before the real heat of the day settles in. I'll also try to take a bike ride before it gets too steamy. I didn't end up taking one yesterday (did the elliptical instead) since it was garbage day and didn't want to compete with all the trucks. 

Jim and I had a lovely day yesterday running errands. We ended up getting new birdfeeders and seed before going to lunch. I am just loving watching all the birds and squirrels in the yard. It's a literal feeding frenzy every morning and evening. I did NOT love seeing a raccoon at the Nut Bar when I left to take Scout on his walk yesterday, however! It was a little baby and most likely confused because it was morning, he's nocturnal and who knows where his mother was. He/she/they/them hung out in the tree for hours not seeming to know what to do or where to go. It didn't seem to bother the squirrels though. They carried on doing what they always do: stuffing themselves into oblivion with nut upon nut upon nut. They are gluttons. 

I'm not sure what the day has in store for us. Jim's still asleep. He got home at midnight. I'd like to maybe go out to lunch again because it's Tuesday and Rusty Bucket apparently has their taco salad as a special on Tuesdays. We'll see what Jimmy wants to do. He's still on 2nd shift which means my dinner is up in the air. If we do go out for lunch, I may just have something light for diner. 

I don't have any other plans for the day except to clean the house, read, stay cool. I'll make a grocery trip and possibly Costco trip tomorrow. I also need to make some things for our week at the bay this week. I'm doing a pulled chicken which we'll have for the 4th (maybe) and I'll probably marinate some chicken and pork. 

Okay well that's all I've got. Time to get out there before it gets so hot I melt. Happy Tuesday. Oh, and I'm continuing to feel good and pretty much back to normal. I still have another 4 1/2 days of antibiotics and it better not come back! K - Later!

No comments: