Saturday, December 09, 2023

Of Course

Of course I get Jim home, the overnight goes well; he slept like a champ (in his chair) and woke up feeling refreshed and happy. Everything seemed to be going well but then - BAM - wonkiness. I took Jim's blood pressure and it was pretty elevated (148/83). This after a low-normal reading when he left the hospital. I told Jim to chill for about an hour and then took it again. It was even higher (156/80). At the same time I was doing this, I was portioning out his meds and saw that one of them - the blood pressure med - wasn't the right dosage. They apparently changed it from 25 mg to 75 mg twice daily and the pharmacy filled it as 25 mg. This means that when he took the med last night before bed, it wasn't the correct dosage (I think) and same with this morning. I've got a call in to the on call doc but haven't heard back yet. 

I mean, of course, right? Here I am thinking, How nice not to have to go to the hospital today! How nice to have nothing to do except take care of Jimmy AT HOME!!! And now everything is up in the air. I'm trying to keep my mind on track for sanity and not wig out. Jim feels fine and is doing well but WHY HASN'T THIS FUCKING DOCOTOR CALLED ME BACK YET!?!? Calm down Muir...it's fine. He's okay. We'll get this riddled out. And if he has to get back to the hospital...all will be well.

Okay well, I guess I'll sit and wait for the doc to call back. I mean, it's been 10 minutes...what the hell!? Jaysus! Come on dude!

Okay - just talked to him. I don't know who fucked up - St. E's or Kroger. I'm going to walk Boo and then come back and check Jim's BP. Fingers crossed! I don't need this stress. I see a hot bubble bath in my future. 


No comments: