Well, as you can see/read, I forgot to post yesterday and I nearly forgot today. Part of the problem yesterday was that A) It was Christmas B) I was busy C) We had a guest here and D) My computer was upstairs so, you know, out of sight, out of mind. But here I am, ready to thrill you with my weekend/Christmas update.
It's been a very lovely and whirlwindy last few days. Lets start with Friday.
Friday: Doug and Lauren came over after Jimmy and I had dinner and we exchanged the gifts we'd gotten each other and then played cards. They got us the most amazing gift; the Nut Bar shown. As you may or may not know, we have a little picnic bench that we have attached to a tree outside in front of our front deck. In the summer, we top it with a corn cob and enjoy watching the squirrel chow down. I'm so excited to put this together and see what happens. I hope we have a bar full of squirrels frequenting the Hanke "watering hole" every day! Jim will have to make an additional sign that says either "Hanke's Nut Bar" or "Titties Nut Bar". (We named our squirrel Titties...it's a long story.)Saturday: Jim and I hung around most of the day, cleaning and getting things ready for Christmas Eve, until it was time to leave for Rafferty's. Most of the family (except Steve and Max) met up for dinner and it was lovely! Once home, with Mom in tow, we sat down for a glass of wine before bed.
Sunday, Christmas Eve: The family was coming over, starting at 4:00 so most of my day consisted of getting things ready. We had a lovely time and I ended up with a yummy bottle of Limoncello after our "White Elephant" alcohol give away. Dinner was delicious (Brunswick stew), dessert was delicious (brownies and Graeters) and it was so nice to be able to resume Christmas Eve at our house (last year was cancelled due to the blizzard). We even got to do our annual after dinner fart walk!
Monday, Christmas: Jim and I got up, opened presents (me, candles, a new wallet and some other stuff; Jim, lots of clothes) and then ate our breakfast casserole. We headed over to Raeburn around 1:00. I decided to make my salad over there and in the midst of doing that, I clogged the kitchen sink. This resulted in Charlie and I working for about an hour and a half, trying to unclog it, which meant taking the sink apart scratching our heads a lot. In the end, we managed and all was fine. But boy am I a pain in the ass. Dinner was delicious (prime rib, mashers, green beans etc.) and we were home around 9:00.
Mom and company left this morning and Jim and I are now getting ready to exercise our fingers (playing Megatouch) at Shooters. Jim wants Mexican for dinner so no cooking for me tonight.
K - I'm out. Time to get out there and relax. Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment