(BTW - I got permission from Jim to take this photo. I thin he looks pretty good. His incision looks amazing to me. It stretches down a bit further but I was happy to see how healthy it looked. There is obviously bruising around it but there's no redness nor oozing. He said the incision doesn't hurt so to speak but his innards to. I'm sure they had to shove some shit around. I can't even imagine the pain that must be. He's such a fucking trooper! I really am in awe of him.
Here's the latest:
- Jim is eating fairly regularly. He had a burger and cottage cheese last night for dinner. (Before that he'd had 1 1/2 omelets.)
- His a fib is under control although his heartrate is still slightly elevated (112 this morning).
- He hasn't pooped yet (sorry). He's on miralax and stool softeners but nada. He's going to have to try a suppository I believe. I mean, at this point in his care, he's got no shame.
- His blood pressure is stable although slightly low which means some of the meds they'd usually use for the a fib have to be withheld or administered at lower levels.
- He hasn't seen Dr. Locher yet and his visit will determine if his CT comes out or not...fingers crossed. That will be the first step, I believe, in Jim moving from the ICU to a regular room and then discharge.
- Fever is gone.
- His WBC (white blood cell count) finally went down a bit although his other numbers are still a bit wonky but I don't know what it all means and no one has raised a giant eyebrow about it so I'm assuming it's fine.
- Jim didn't take any pain meds overnight. He wanted to see how he did without them and just Tylenol. He said when he's just laying there in bed, all is well. Good for him! I don't know if I'd be that strong.
I talked to Jim this morning (he didn't wake me up...good boy Jimmy!) and the only thing he asked for were some earplugs and a sleep mask. I'll stop at Walgreens on my way in. I'd assume they'd have something. I'll probably head in around 10:00, after I walk the boys and shower. I'll have to take my lunch because the cafeteria sucks on the weekend (had to get Panera yesterday) and although I have some gift cards, A) I don't want to keep eating shit food and B) I want to save my gift cards for when Jim's home and I just don't have it in me to cook.
My plans today are to visit with Jim for a couple hours but honestly, I need a bit of a break from the hospital so don't tell Jim but maybe I'll cut out a little early and stop at Shooters for a beer and some mindless video games. We'll see.
And that's all I've got for now. I'll update as I read his chart with anything significant. Fingers crossed that his chest tube comes out and we get a goal for release from the ICU at least.
Happy Sunday! I know I/Jim have a whole long road ahead but I'm so thankful that we're here...4 days post-op with progression. Jim's feeling good and every day is a little better. Hopefully in a week I'm typing this and Jim's sitting in front of me. Thank you to everyone for your support! It means the world!


No comments:
Post a Comment