Part of the reason it was tough is that I've been waking up with a headache these last few days. I don't know why. Maybe it's the weather (humidity ramping up). Maybe it's menopause. Maybe it's my teeth (they've been bugging me lately). Maybe it's stress. Whatever it is, it's wearing on me. Ugh.
So last night was fun. It was good to see Terri. We have that type of friendship where it can be months where we don't see or talk to each other but when we do get together, it's like it was just yesterday. Anyway, I don't think I mentioned this before but she recently had surgery and has been struggling with bouncing back. She had a breast reduction which is no small procedure. If you know Terri, you know she had some pretty ample breasts. It was something I never really saw about her having known her for so long but I do remember meeting her for the first time (God, it's been 22 years!) and noticing it.
Anyway - she told me that from the time she got married, 5 years ago, she went from a GG to a JJ. I didn't even know boobs came that big. And it wasn't like she' gained a bunch of weight. The doctor chalked it up to menopause (fucking menopause). She said that for insurance to cover it, they have to remove at least 1 1/2 pounds of tissue. In her surgery, they removed 5 pounds. That's nuts! Think about that. Think about 5 packages of meat you'd buy at the grocery! That's a lot of tissue. The doctor said from surgery to complete recovery, it will take 6 months. It's no wonder she's having a rough time wrapping her head around how she's looking now (she looks great but I've only seen her fully clothed and all bound up with the special bra she has to wear) to where she'll be when all is said and done. I'm sure it's an adjustment.
Back to last night: We went to a place in Blue Ash called The Park Pour. It was good. We had a couple beers, a glass of wine and shared a charcuterie board. You'll be shocked to hear (read) that I ate lox. If you know me, you know I don't like salmon. However, Terri said the same thing but said added that she does like lox. Then the chef came out to explain the meats and cheeses on the board and said, "This is the best lox I've ever had and I'm a Jew so I would know." Ha! So I gave it a whirl and it was delicious. Now, I won't suddenly be ordering salmon or lox but I'm not averse to try it.
After finishing our drinks and food, we left around 7:00 with the promise that we'd get together at least one more time before summer's end (my summer). We're also hoping to have a girls weekend down at Norris Lake where Beverly (one of the ladies in our group) just finished building a house. Maybe November. Would love that!
So today I don't have any real plans. I need to get to the store for Sunday/Monday items. (We're having neighborhood get togethers this weekend. The plan is for everyone to bring their own meat and then a side dish. I'll do a salad and Jim said he wanted a burger.) Other than that, I'll probably just exercise, maybe lay out, read, and love on my boys.
The weekend: Saturday I think we'll probably do our weekly dinner out with D&L. Again, it's my choice this time around and we're planning on Arnold's. I'm excited. Of course last time I got excited (Zips) I was disappointed but I'll have a positive attitude. Sunday/Monday - celebrating the 4th.
Got news yesterday that the hope now for PIB move in is around July 8th. Who knows if that will happen. I have a July 11th appointment but am free to go before or after that. Along with that news, we also heard that our next door neighbors are pitching two fits about the noise, mess, and delay of the renovation. I'm sure it's a pain in the ass. Believe me! I'm not real thrilled that I haven't been able to get up there yet and that it's taken WAY longer than first thought. But remember the situation the whole country (world?) is in, in terms of getting supplies. Everything is delayed. Remember too that you didn't here us complaining when you built your TWO houses nor when the other TWO neighbors built their garages that obstructed views on the whole point. Remember that in the long run, this will benefit YOU (property value) and anything that needs remedied from the reno will be done on your own property. Have a little patience please and just be happy that this has finally been done and we are SO excited about it. Don't cause a problem with us when there's nothing we can do about it right now. Your bitching doesn't make the deliveries come faster!
Okay well, that's all I've got. Time to stop bitching and start ellipticize. Happy Friday! Happy 4th of July weekend. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment