I had a funny dream last night. I was at Subway and when it came for me to order, I said to the guy, "I'll take a 6 inch wheat with turkey." He said back, "I thought you said a 6 inch flute." And I replied back, "That would be a piccolo." And then we both giggled like fools. That was it...that was my dream. Weird, right? I mean, what made that fly through my head?
I made some delicious shrimp tacos in my air fryer last night. Best of all, however, was the orzo pasta salad I made. It made a ton so I'll have some for lunch probably and then with dinner tonight which will be turkey burgers. Yummy!
Jim had a bit of a melt down last night. We were eating dinner and he voiced the fact that he's been having nightmares lately and feeling really anxious and testy and thinking that maybe he should take a valium to relax. I told him that A) he doesn't need to take one more pill with dozens of others he's already taking; B) he's already taking an anti-anxiety medicine; C) this is the kind of thing he should be talking to his DOCTOR about, not his wife (though she's pretty knowledgeable...I get it); and D) considering what he's been going through lately, it's not a surprise that he's feeling this way. Battle fatigue is a real thing with cancer patients. Not to mention he can't drink and so can't try to unwind as he normally would with a beer. I told him the best thing for him would be to talk these things out with me and to look forward to how much better he'll feel after his diverticulitis is dealt with. Be thankful that this isn't the cancer rearing it's ugly head but even if it was, we'd power through that too! I think in the end, he felt better getting all that off his chest and his spirits seem better this morning but he isn't his normal self and that's hard to see. Poor Jim.
Plans for today: The usual - dog walking, biking, ellipticalling. I did laundry and cleaning yesterday so I really don't have that to do. I might clean out my closet...it's a mess. And maybe clean out the pantry. I need to start purging. I also need to do some school work but I'm just not motivated to do that. But maybe I will.
And that's all I've got. Time to get Scoutie out and about. Happy...what day is it? Thursday? Okay...Happy Thursday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment