Sorry this is so late. When I went on to post at breakfast, my computer was acting like an asshole so I restarted it and it took forever to reboot. Ugh!
So yeah, yesterday I spent much of the day canning. I made peach salsa and cowboy candy and it was all successful. Not sure how they taste but I managed to get my jars properly sealed so that's something. I did taste the peach salsa and it was good but I think after it cooked in the water bath and marinates for a bit it'll be even better. Today I'm going to can regular salsa and peaches. I might also do a hot pepper jelly...we'll see. The biggest issue with the process is waiting for the gigantic pot of water to boil. Thankfully I anticipated that and by the time my first recipe was ready for its water bath, it was roiling.My plans for the day: I've eaten and walked Scout. Jim's home so he'll walk Boo for me. After I finish this, since there's a break in the weather, I'll take a bike right then go to the store. And then it's going to be time to can. Jim's working tonight so I'll make something simple for myself...maybe a cobb salad...my fave go to.
Boo's a bad boy and a piggie! As you may or may not know I make breakfast each morning for myself and Jimmy. This morning, I let Jim sleep and just made his sandwich (cheese, Canadian bacon and a fried egg) and just had it ready on the table for him to munch when he was ready. He got up, drank his coffee and watched TV as I ate. I then got ready to walk while Jim made some phone calls. Scout and I left and as we were walking, Jim called me. He said, "Did you do something with my sandwich?" Me: "Uh, no...but I think Boo may have. It was on the table when Scout and I left." And then there was nothing to do but laugh. That boy! I've been trying to get him to lose a pound or two and I guess he saw an opportunity. What a turkey! I mean, he must be ready to bust! Or barf!
Okay well, I guess I'd better get a move on. I have a lot to accomplish today. Happy Monday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment