Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Why Does That Guy Talk Like That?

I was watching highlights from Gov. Newsom's (California) speech to his state and he was talking like there was a period (.) after every word. "You. May. Be. Eating. At. A. Restaurant. And. Your. Server. May. Have. A. Mask. On." It was quite annoying. I wonder if anyone's ever told that guy that he talks like that. Now in my head, I keep thinking in that way. It's. Annoying. In. My. Head. Too.

I dreamt of Sami last night...well, actually I was dreaming of her when the alarm went off this morning. My dream: I was walking her and it was nearing evening so it was that time right before it gets full on dark. As I walked along, I saw what I thought was an alligator and I yelled out, "OH MY GOD IS THAT AN ALLIGATOR!?" And then it flipped on its back and I realized...it was a turtle. And then my alarm went off and I woke up. I wonder what that means. Hold on...let me look.

HAHA!!! Here's what the Internet said: "If your dream shows a turtle on its back, it means that you are in the company of people with great wisdom and intelligence but not everyone can easily notice or recognize it. It can also symbolize the anger or insecurity that you're feeling in your life." I'm guessing it was the latter since the company I've been keeping lately is...Jimmy. HAHA!!!

Yesterday was very productive: I am up to date on my grading. I made bread as well as lentil taco "meat" for lunch (which produced lots of leftovers for me to have over the next few days). I went to the store, vacuumed, had my IEP (which went fine) and of course did my usual (exercised, cooked dinner, walked Scout).

Today I have two meetings: My weekly staff meeting and then a 10 o'clock meeting with a student whose parents seem to think he's not doing well. They are very much Chicken Little's (well Mom is) who are constantly thinking the sky is falling. Part of the problem is Mom is an over-reactor and her son is a drama queen who likes to try and manipulate. Dad sees it (and I think mom does too, but she tends to fall for it a bit at first. With the newness of this remote learning thing, Mom still hasn't caught on that her son is yanking her chain.

Dinner tonight: Burgers (turkey for me, beef for Jimmy), leftover au gratin potatoes from Sunday and some Mexican street corn. Yummy.

And that's all I've got. Time to get my meeting up. Happy Wednesday! Stay healthy...later!

No comments: