Monday, October 14, 2019

A Full 5-Day Week

It's been a while since I've actually had to work a full week but here we are. And this next run (until Thanksgiving) is going to be a tough one. Although, Nov. 1st is an in-service so that is something. Oh, and I will be taking a 1/2 day (or whole) to go to Jim's follow up appointment for the scan he has today (I'm a little worried about this one) so that's something. I can do it!!! I just have to keep my eye on the "prize" which is Thanksgiving break and then Christmas! AND THEN PUNTA CANA!!!

The weekend was lovely by the way. It was very relaxing and fun and we had beautiful weather. Saturday was quite breezy and chilly in the Oktoberfest tent but a bit of beer and brats kept us warm. Basically we ate, drank, played cards, drank some more, walked, shopped...and that's about it. It's always nice to go there in the fall (for all the obvious reasons) but everything is on sale as well, which means I made out like a bandit in terms of replenishing my sweatshirts and even got a cute little ornament.

We got the 9:30 ferry (which wasn't on the Miller schedule) so Jim and I got home (after stopping for lunch at Panera) before 2:00. It was a rough ride home but as Maggie said, it didn't even make the top 10 of rough rides we've experienced.

This week at school will be a bit of a pain since I have an IEP Wednesday (it will be easy) but then Thursday is Parent/Teacher Conferences so I'll have to be at school until 7:00. I don't know yet if I have any meetings but I usually only have one or two. We'll see. I have a feeling that since I missed Open House, a couple teachers may want to come in to meet me. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Okay well, I'd best get moving...happy Monday! Later!

No comments: