Monday, June 18, 2018

Flabbergasted

First of all, I'm back! Sorry for the lack of posting this past week but I don't take a computer to PIB and it's too much a pain in the ass to post otherwise. I should be pretty consistent in the next week so quit your bitching!

Second - I was watching the Today show yesterday and they had a story about a charity basketball game between Jimmy Kimmel and Ted Cruz. During the story, they revealed Ted Cruz's age and I was flabbergasted! Why? Because he and I are the same age! How can that be?! Not to say that I'm some young-looking chicken but he looks 57, not 47! Ugh! So depressing. Well, I guess it's more depressing for old dumb ass Ted but still...to think that jackass loser is in the same age bracket as me!

So PIB was fun. A lot of just hanging out, some pool time as well. We went up in the monument which was lovely but didn't stay long. Dinner at the Boardwalk on our last night but other than that we cooked at home. Can't wait to go back in July!

Jim's doing well. This regiment (knock on wood) seems to be working well. He usually gets a low grade fever the day after being on meds but it's not debilitating. We go to the docs tomorrow. I'm hoping they don't tell us to change two days on, one day off but we'll see. I'll argue against it.

Boo Update: He's doing really well. Too well for his own good, really. He has only limped one time since I've been back so that's good. I'm still having him take it easy (trying) but it's hard. He feels fine and wants to run and play. I did close the gate at the top of the stairs to the deck. He can get through the slats to the stairs but with it closed, he can't leap into the air and fly to the ground, risking injury. I'm not sure how exactly he hurt himself but this jumping the stairs from the deck is a good possibility. Little turkey!

Today Jim and I are going mattress shopping. I've just had it with the one we have. It's very saggy, especially on Jim's side and my back is starting to give me fits. We'll try Sleep Outfitters and the Original Mattress Factory and then there's one other in the area we're headed. From there, lunch. Jim's on second shift today if you were wondering. He should be back to regular tomorrow.

And that's all I've got. I think I'll go walk Scout...before it gets too crazy hot. Although it's disgustingly steamy already.

Happy Monday! Later!

No comments: