In regard to Jim's issues, things are looking up! After reading my post from yesterday, Becky took it into her own hands to contact Dr. Barrett - director of the Barrett Cancer Center at UC. I never expected her to do this but in doing it, Jim finally got the assurance he needed (as did I) that his health matters and the quality of care he was receiving was unacceptable. Dr. Barrett contacted Jim directly (they texted and talked) and ultimately, Jim's decided that he will stay with his current caregivers. He has other options, however. Thank you Becky. The ease you've given us can't be expressed. Jim actually slept last night.
Thanks to Charlie as well. He contacted one of the doctors at The James and managed to get his opinion. He also made contact with a melanoma researcher at The James who has been given Jim's file and will hopefully give her opinion on his treatment.
I can't tell you how comforting it is to know that there are so many people on our side.
And now I'm out of time. Happy Friday! Woot! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment