Monday, September 12, 2016

Lovely Weekend

I have to say that my lovely weekend had everything to do with how sweet and easy Eva is. The only issue I had all weekend was sleeping Saturday into Sunday because SOMEONE - I won't name who but her name starts with an "E" and ends with "A" - is a bed hog! I did get a warning, however. Prior to turning off the light Saturday, Eva said, "Just a warning...I'm going to sleep really close to you tonight." I don't know if it was a result of her missing her mommy or what but in a king sized bed, I had about a foots width to sleep. I woke up 3 times and had to move Eva but of course she eventually moseyed her way back over so that I was on the edge. Whatever though...I didn't care.

The weekend was quite fun. Highlights were: Swimming Saturday morning for about an hour; lots of game playing (mostly Hi-Ho Cherry-o and Zingo!); playing with Bussie; cookie making and just chillin', watching TV. I know Maggie missed her girl and Eva missed her mommy, but she was a trooper. Facetime is a wonderful thing.

This week should be fairly easy. It will be a 4-day week with kids and then a day of PD on Friday. I'm not exactly sure what we'll be doing but as of now, we're (the sped department) is scheduled to spend a full day wasting time. There's some stupid training that isn't pertinent to us but of course they can't just let us do a PD day with the department because they think we just waste our time. Whatever though, at least we won't have to spend the day with crazy kids.

The new neighbors moved in this weekend. They are very nice and yesterday was either going to be a make or break day for them on the "island". We did our normal football Sunday and BONUS, the neighborhood civic group rented a soft serve ice cream truck so basically a hundred kids were out and about walking up the street to get their fair share. Although it was a crazy day, the neighbors felt like the red carpet had been rolled out for them. I mean, who wouldn't love this place to live? I know I'm biased but truly...for a young couple with kids?

Jim and I had ice cream for dinner, by the way. After snacking all day and then having ice cream at 5:00, I wasn't hungry and so we decided to forego the meal I had planned. Hee hee.

And that's all I've got. The weather is lovely and I'm hoping to ride my bike after school. Happy Monday! Here's hoping the week flies by. Later!

No comments: