Thursday, September 08, 2016

I'm Out!

Heading to Columbus after school today - hopefully I'll get out around 2:00. Maggie and Charlie are headed to WV and this is the first time Maggie will be away from Eva. Not that she wouldn't have gone before - there was really never an "opportunity" before this. I mean, they take her to the Dominican every year and all other vacations are taken as a family. Plus Eva is so much fun, why wouldn't you want her there!? Anyway - they'll leave tomorrow and be home Sunday. I don't have plans other than making cookies with my girl and hanging out. The weather isn't supposed to be very good so I envision a lot of playing inside. 

My IEP went well yesterday. I was in and out in less than a 1/2 hour. Today's meeting will take a bit longer since it includes an ETR too (evaluation). Shouldn't be too bad, however. Easy parents. Although the student is a senior and we need to figure out what we're going to do after her senior year. She really needs to defer her diploma and either go to the career center or participate in a year-long program with a local nursing home. We'll see.

Slept like a baby last night and woke up to the alarm while I was dreaming I was a student racing to get to my 7th period class without being late. And of course I couldn't remember what room my class was in. I hate that. 

Dezi gouged me with his pencil yesterday - the little f&%ker! There was also an incident apparently with his "junk". I'm not going to go into it but lets just say A) he needs to stay away from the girls and B) I'm glad he's not on my caseload because that isn't a conversation I would want to have with his parents. UGH! 

Okay - need to finish getting ready and packing. Later and I'll post next on Monday.


No comments: