I have a kid on my caseload who was admitted at Children's Monday evening because of depression...makes me sad just thinking of that. Then I find out that his mother had emailed his guidance counselor LAST FRIDAY with concerns and a request that he talk to her son. He didn't. He didn't even read her email until I told him Tuesday about the hospitalization (though he knew the email was sitting in his inbox). Disgusted. THEN I find out from the social worker that my student finally revealed part of reason for his depression: another student (the ADHD student I've been having such a hard time with) was telling him that he should kill himself. UGH!!! When I went to the administration and guidance counselor about this - I found out that ADHD kid's father died 2 days ago. (The thing about this, however, is the kid apparently has no contact with his dad and didn't seem to care...didn't even miss school.) I'm not sure what will happen from here on out or how the administration will deal with the ADHD kid. Kids are such assholes sometimes! What is wrong with them!?
Jim has to work Saturday. Downtown. Blows. I think this happened last year during Oktoberfest too. Oh well...he said he'll get down there around 7:00 to beat the crowds and inflated parking. I hope he can manage that. At least it's overtime though.
Went to Costco yesterday and got some cute sweatshirts. Can't wait for weather that I can wear them. I also got Canadian bacon and made egg McMuffins this morning. They were delicious.
K - well, it's my sort of Friday today. We have an in-service tomorrow so I still have to go in but at least I'll have a bonus day without those asshole kids. Wearing jeans today too...exciting, huh?
Happy Thursday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment