Thursday, December 17, 2015

Two Down...One To Go

I gave two of my three exams yesterday and not one kid scored below a C. WOOT! So proud of my kids! I don't expect the same results for my history exam because I know a couple of kids who won't study. UGH! I don't ever try to trick my kids and I give them the exact material they will need to have to study but you can only do so much. I even email the study guide home to parents but again, not all parents give a hoot (until their kid fails, that is).

I am officially FINISHED with my Christmas gifting!!! I finished the quilt I was doing last night and now just need to wrap it! I have a few items that I'm waiting on to come in the mail for Jim but everything has been purchased or made. YAY! I have wrapped a few items but couldn't continue with that last night because Jim wasn't working. I'll do it tonight.

Speaking of Jim, he's still on 2nd shift but the job he was supposed to do yesterday got taken care of by the general contractor so he had an unexpected day off. He'll have to work this weekend to finish up the job he's been on but I won't be in town so no big whoop. Although I need him to clean so he's going to be a busy boy.

Let me tell you - I do love exam week because of the things I manage to get done (I completed one IEP yesterday and nearly completed 2 others) but it can be mind-numbingly BORING at times. I had worked and worked and worked yesterday from 7:30 until 12:30 but then I crashed and just wanted to nap. Two more days of that. UGH! Well at least Friday at 12:30 (when the kids are all done) we have a lunch that will keep me entertained.

Today at work I'll make my grocery list for X-mas Eve. It should be an easier shop this year since I've already gotten some things. I really should take a trip to Party Source and do my alcohol shopping but I don't think I'll get there until next week. I plan on giving Jim his big gift...maybe Friday so that we can start putting it together and using it by X-mas Eve. Excited.

And that's all I've got. Guess I should finish up and get to school...to sit on my ass...and fall asleep. UGH! No complaining...loves me some easy days (knock on wood).

Happy Thursday...oooh, it's Thursday!!! Only one more day after this! WOOT!!! Later!

No comments: