Regardless, I have to since I have another IEP at 7:30 this morning, which should be lickity quick, thank God.
I'm definitely on the mend but I still feel like ass. I managed to get pretty good sleep last night but woke up (from a NyQuil-induced slumber) hacking away at 11:00. I did that for about an hour (you know how once you cough it triggers the need to keep coughing) and managed to fall asleep right when Jimmy came home (he's on 2nd shift for the next few days). I woke up at around 3:00 in a cold sweat (love waking up in soaked sheets) but managed to go back to sleep until the alarm woke me up.
I have to say, poor Jim probably isn't getting any sleep right now with me hacking and coughing and trying to blow all the shit out of my head. Better to do it here and get it out than at school. I'm also suffering from that constant clammy, sweaty feeling. I know it's cold in my house because my feet and hands are FREEZING but the rest of my body is a sweaty mess.
Needless to say, this cold can't go away fast enough.
I got a nice email from my department head yesterday. She just emailed to say she hopes I'm feeling better and she's thinking of me. Isn't that nice? And isn't it shitty that one of the first things that pops into my head is, "Hmm...what's going on and what does she want?" It stems from my previous distrust of her but I'm trying to get over that. I certainly don't feel about her the way I used to...I just have to keep reminding myself that things are different now (for now).
Well, I'm sure there's a shit storm of paperwork waiting for me at school so I'd best get going. I made cookies for the kids to make up for my absence...hopefully they weren't assholes and I can share them.
Happy - oh, thank God - HumpDAY!!! Later


No comments:
Post a Comment