I had the best dream featuring Bubba last night. Actually, I think it was early this morning...it's what I was dreaming when I woke up just before my alarm sounded. Anyway - I was walking my sweet Hubba Bubba though the streets, which were pretty much deserted. We were walking along and came upon another person walking their dog. I'm not sure who the person was but they were walking a chocolate lab. Now, in my dream I didn't recognize the chocolate lab but thinking back, I used to have a chocolate lab...Healy...when I was living with David - maybe it was her! Anyway - it was so cute, when Bubba spied the lab, he started running so that I had to run to catch up. This is what Bubba used to do when we would walk the Nature Center with Nessa. He was always such a poky little walker - sniffing every leaf and twig; peeing on every blade of grass. But get him with another dog in front of him and he would walk anywhere and I mean FAST. So cute. I love dreaming about my pups. I truly believe it's them visiting me from heaven. (I had a dream of Zekey early in the week too.)
This is the last push before Winter Break! Can I get a WOOT!? And it's jeans week! DOUBLE WOOT! And it's my last week of bus duty!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!
Man is it windy out there. Speaking of which: Jim noticed the other day that a tree in the back yard, just beyond our fence broke and is just leaning against another tree. It seems pretty solid against the other tree but if the leaning one comes down, it'll come right through the fence. UGH! Sometimes trees suck!
Weekend news: Jim and I had a funeral on Saturday afternoon. It was a nice mass and Jim cried a bit...he had known the man (Les Chard...his best friends dad) for 30-some odd years. It was actually interesting - we were standing afterwards in the basement of the church where the reception was being held and there was this man there that I knew but could remember how. He was short, about 75 or so and balding. Hmm...weird that I totally recognized him. Then as I realized what Mr. Chard had done for a living, it all came back to me. He was an English professor at UC (hell, I could very well have had him) and the man I recognized was a professor I had for my Survey of English Literature I class. Crazy. I remember I REALLY liked this professor too. Can't remember his name but that's okay - at least I figured it out.
Saturday night, Jim and I went out, first to Mitchell's Fish Market for dinner in Newport and then to my friend Terri's annual party. Someone mentioned this was her 16th annual party which is crazy! I've been to every one except one (probably the 2nd or 3rd one she had). It's crazy to think I've known Terri that long. I met Jim through Terri and she and I met when I was in grad school...so...what, 17 or 18 years! Wow!
Yesterday, Jim went to Les's house to watch the game and I stayed here and tried NOT to watch the game. UGH! I made a few French cakes but I ran out of steam due to a massive headache. Ugh UGH!
I'll head to Maggie's on Saturday. I originally planned on going Sunday because Maggie and Charlie have plans Saturday night but they couldn't find a babysitter so it's Muwee to the rescue. Can't wait to see my girl!!! And Maggie and Charlie but really, it's all about Eva.
And I'm out. I'll head to Target after school to get stocking stuffers and wrapping stuff. Jim's on 2nd shift for the - hopefully - last couple days. He has his appointment with the doc regarding the scan he had last week. Fingers crossed that all is well. This time last year...
Happy Monday. Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment