Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Post Memorial Day Post

I had a great weekend. Lots of hanging out with the neighbors, beautiful weather, late nights (I was up talking with two of my neighbors Saturday until 2 AM) and probably too much to drink. My weekend gave me the final push that I needed to get me through this last week at school.

Today I will be giving my 2nd period LA exam. Kids are done with their exams by noonish so that will be me plenty of time to A) grade them and B) continue packing up our room. I have a 4:00 meeting after school (sucks) and will probably need to nap at my desk to get through.

Unfortunately with all the fun I had this weekend, it did end with sad news. Vince Pfeiffer - a long ago friend of my parents (from the neighborhood we lived in until I was about 4) died suddenly in an ATV accident. The most shocking thing about this was he had been having health issues (blocked stent) earlier in May but had been on the mend. I don't know WHY people get on those damn things! Makes me so mad. This is a family that has such never-ending faith in God and I hope that Carol (Vince's wife), his daughters and grandchildren find comfort in Him.

And that's all I've got. I guess I should get to work...get this last week started. Happy Tuesday...later.

No comments: