Sunday, February 09, 2014

So Delicious

Dinner last night at the Moerlein Lager House was YUMMY!  And I tried everyone's dish. 

So first - Jimmy and I got there and sat at the bar to sip a beer.  I got the Barbarossa and it's my new favorite.  Rather dark with a stout feel but lots more carbonation and chocolate undertones.  Wish they sold it in 6-packs.  Jimmy tried a few different beers but he's a pale ale guy and though I don't mind them, they're too bitter for me.  When Chris and Martha arrived, our table was ready so up we went.  We had a beautiful view of the city from our table on three sides.  Jim and I are going to get an apartment down there by the way...when we win the lottery...a second home of sorts...there are so many good places to go. 

Anyway - back to dinner.  We decided to go to town so Chris and Martha got an app to share (spicy garlic shrimp) and Jim and I got one to share.  Martha had pointed out the meat and cheese board and so that was the route we went.  It was the best!  I never would have gotten that if Martha hadn't pointed it out and I'm not sure why...it's right up Jimmy's alley.  We chose two meats (summer sausage and a Genoa salami) and two cheeses (jalapeno Havarti and smoked cheddar) and then it came with bread, spicy mustard, sauerkraut and baby dill pickles.  So yummy.

For dinner, here's what we got:  I got meatloaf which came with cheddar mashed potatoes and I got a shredded Brussel sprout veggie with it.  Jim got fish and chips (I would have gotten that but I always like to try a meatloaf it it's available).  Martha got the short ribs and Chris got the bone in pork chops with apricot/onion topping.  Chris's meal was my favorite but they were all so yummy.  The fish and chips superb (beer battered obviously) and I can't WAIT to go back and try something else.  Recommend to all! 

So how about a pic of a superstar!?  This is my girl on vacation, ready for the beach.  Love her!  I can just hear her, "How do my look?"

Plans for the day:  Nothing.  Hanging out.  We'll have breakfast in a bit (mimosas too) and chill.  Jim chose his birthday dinner to be beef stroganoff and I got him an ice cream cake for dessert.  Other than that - nothing. May have to do some treadmilling.

K - well, I'm out.  Time for mimosas.  Later!

No comments: