Last nights dinner was so easy and good. I got home yesterday and immediately fixed the dish. Beef tips in dish; cream of mushroom etc. mixed and by 3:10, all was covered and popped in the oven. Three hours later - VOILA! Tender and delicious. Jim loved it. I will say that next time I'll put less water in it. The recipe called for a cup but I'll put less in next time...it was a bit too soupy.
Tonight's dinner is Chicken in Sun Dried Tomato Basil Cream Sauce. Looks good! Should be quite flavorful too. I'm enjoying most of the recipes from Pinterest that I've found.
In other news, I got an email (well two) from Maggie and Charlie. They made it to the island safe and sound. Eva was a champ. Apparently loving the sun, warmth and swimming. They also said she was the energizer bunny considering she had been going since 3:30 in the AM. Can't wait to get some pics.
School news: I have an 11 o'clock IEP today. Actually it's an IEP/ETR meeting (ETR is the evaluation done every three years). I'll try to fly through my part with the parents so that we're not there for hours on end. These parents - well, it's the mother and her boyfriend - they aren't the smartest tools in the shed...if you know what I mean. Mom could use a razor and shower and but she's nice enough and is very concerned about her daughter's education. Boyfriend is very helpful too - he interprets a lot to the mother...he's a little smarter than she is. However, he says stupid shit a lot. For instance - he blames Obama for the student's trouble in the education system. He thinks she shouldn't have been passed through because she can't read well. He constantly says, "I just think this whole 'No child left behind' thing that Obama did hasn't helped her at all." Every time he does this I say, "Um, 'No child left behind' occurred under George W. Bush's presidency sir." He has no idea what the act does and says. It's pretty funny every time. Hard not to chuckle.
And that's about all I've got. Oh, I made our reservations for Eddie Merlot's for Jim's birthday. Jim and I will go and nosh there on Saturday. I can't wait. Every thing is way expensive but with my $450, it'll be balls to the wall.
Okay, best finish up the routing and head out. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment