Friday, February 22, 2013

2-Hour Delay

I'm hoping for more.  Not that it's too bad but 71-N is closed at Fields-Ertel, which is on my route.  This means I would need to take side roads to school and you know they will be icier than the highways.  But - I still have a couple hours before I need to leave so I would assume that by then either the highway will be back open or the side streets will be fine.  I don't know why they can't just give us a treat though.  I mean really!  It's February 22nd and we haven't had ONE snow day.  What's the likelihood that we'll need another one?  Well, there may be a chance again next week between Tuesday and Wednesday...fingers crossed.

In Jim news:  He started feeling better last night after dinner.  I went to Frisch's and got him a grilled cheese and veggie soup.  He didn't eat the veggie soup but managed the grilled cheese.  He slept a ton too and I think he should be able to go to work today. Lets hope this doesn't move on to me!

In school news, the kids are driving me nuts.  Two in particular.  The first one is a junior and has just become a complete punk these past few weeks.  Something is up with him...not sure what. I ended up sending him out of my class yesterday because of his attitude. As he was leaving he told me he didn't like me and I said, "I don't like you either".  (Oops)  I found at later that he was telling kids he cussed me out.  Hilarious (he didn't).  After hearing this I emailed the administrator and said, "Just wanted to let you know:  He didn't cuss me out but so-and-so is telling the kids he did so maybe he should get in trouble for that as well...if he wants to brag and lie about it, he can face the consequences for it."

The second kid is a freshman and a total and complete SPAZ!!!  After receiving a little note from his mother yesterday, I called her and had a conversation with her about why her kid is failing my classes (I've been emailing her with my concerns for a while now). I found out her son, who is the squirreliest, most ADHD kid I ever met is actually on meds.  When she told me that I told her how shocked I was to hear that.  I told her that of any kid I'd ever met, he was the last one I would have said is on meds.  I asked her if she was SURE he was actually taking the pills and she said she thought so.  I questioned her son later and found out - SHOCKER - he doesn't always take his pills.  I immediately emailed her this information.  GEE!  Maybe allowing your son who can't focus longer than 3 seconds shouldn't be responsible for taking his meds by himself.  Just this persons opinion.

Okay well, I guess I should get in the shower.  It doesn't look like I'm going to get more than a 2-hour delay.  STINK!  Oh well, I should be happy A) it's Friday and B) I got a delay at all.  K - I'm out...later!

No comments: