Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hairy Otter


I could really use a t-shirt or a something with this on it!  Hairy Otter?  Genius!  And I loves me some otters!  (I don't think I need to mention that I loves me some Harry Potters either, do I?)
As well, check out a baby girls new hat (I do believe it's a pig and what's that she's got in front of her?)!  I showed Jim the pic and he said, "You know, she's pretty cute."  He's the king of the obvious. 

So, stuff going on:  I have a meeting with a pain in the ass parent today who decided on the last week of the semester to freak out about her son's performance.  I didn't call the meeting and the mother didn't call the meeting with me.  She called it with his English teachers but of course since he's on my caseload, I get to be in attendance.  Seriously, I'll sit there and let them chat and figure things out and just sort of go, "Okay.  Whatever."  No, I probably won't do that.  The thing that pisses me off though is when we were all emailing back and forth, I said that I wanted the student at the meeting.  HOWEVER, the mother wants us to figure out a plan and then share it with the kid (why do parents insist on treating their kids as babies and not holding them accountable?).  My point is - kid isn't going to do anything he doesn't want to do and why waste our time chatting about what we want when it's him that's going to have to do the work.  Whatever though.  Mom is just a freak.

After school, I'll be heading home and then back out the door to get new tires.  Just two.  I got two in the summer and now I'll get the others replaced.  Exciting.  From there - hopefully it won't take but an hour or so - Jim and I will meet at Blue Ash Chili...IF!!!  The snow hasn't put things in mayhem.  There's supposed to be a little snow at rush hour and if it messes up the highways we'll just head to Skyline in Milford.  And after that I need to pack tonight and get all my shit ready for Columbus where I'll head directly from school tomorrow.  YIPPEE!!!  

And that's it.  I'll begin reading The Hunger Games today in my LA classes.  Very excited about that and so are the kids.  A few of them have read it but that's all right - at least that will mean they won't fail the test.  K - I'm out...Jim and I are leaving together to gas up.  Later!

No comments: