It's not a very pretty day to goof off so I think I'll wait for Friday! I'm off Monday too - personal day - so what a perfect day, on Friday, to be "sick"...cough, cough. (By the way, I searched "goofy" and this was one of the pictures that came up...love it.)Trip called yesterday to say he got the Reds Opening Day tickets! He asked me to go with him - suckers!!! Since it's my Spring Break!!! He's such a nice, good brother. They play - I think - the Cardinals! Hate them so the Reds better win. I need to bone up on my players too...Brandon Phillips. That's about it for me right now. God, I used to know all the players.
In quilting news...ugh! I finished sewing all the squares and everything is together. And it's too long and not wide enough. I'm such a dillrod! I'm now going to have to take off a few rows from the top and attach to the side. This is going to be one "special" quilt with all the mistakes I've made. I did, however, pick a backing and trim. Maggie has a friend who quilts and she said that sometimes she just uses a sheet for the backing. So, after perusing the hundreds of bolts of fabric at Jo-Ann's I decided to do the same. I picked out a nice muted green for the backing and a nice berry red for the trim. Exciting. Who knows when I'll get to do that considering I have to rework the damn thing before I can even sandwich my layers! Oh well, live and learn. It still looks pretty cool. Sami loves it. When I had it laid out, of course she had to lay in the middle of it.
Okay, not sure what I'm doing in Language Arts today...we need to finish The Blind Side but I don't want to go another day without reading the novel. Maybe a little of both. K - I'm out...it's raining like cats and dogs and I need to get gas. Later.

No comments:
Post a Comment