So, usually, when I go to make my menu for the week, I ask Jim what he would like for dinner. Normally he's all wishy washy and if he even offers a suggestion, it's lame. (Poor Jim). Well, yesterday, he said, "You know what I'd like? A nice, hearty chicken noodle." So I searched and searched for a good recipe but really couldn't find anything that rang my bell. So, I took a number of recipes and slapped them together and voila!!! Yum. First of all, I went to the store and bought some rotisserie chickens and used that for the meat. I got some nice, thick egg noodles and then made it really thick and hearty (mashing potatoes in it). Most of the recipe was from Cooking Light so it wasn't too fattening. Jim loved it and I gotta say - it didn't suck.
In other good news: I spent less than $100 at the grocery this week!!! That is way unusual for me - and that's including the 2 $6 rotisserie chickens I bought!!! It was a good day Sunday.
Okay - I'm off to school. Later bitches!


No comments:
Post a Comment