Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another List of Silly Words By the Brits

Since I have nothing else to talk of - I thought I'd spend some time educating us all on the silly things those silly Brits sometimes say. Please make an attempt to use these in your every day convos. Oh, and let me preface by saying, "Poor Jim"!

Word: Feck
Meaning: An alternate for the four-letter "f" word I am so fond of.
Sentence: What the feck are you doing Jim? I told you to unload the dishwasher!

Word: Johnny
Meaning: condom
Sentence: I'm sorry, we can't have sex since you forgot to buy some johnnies.
Side Note: How am I ever going to address my student with the same name in class now?

Word: Kerfuffle
Meaning: A disturbance - like "hub bub" in American
Sentence: What's the big kerfuffle? I was trying to sleep Jim!!!

Word: Knackers
Meaning: Testicles
Sentence: Jim, if you don't keep it down over there, I'm going to knee you in the knackers!

Word: Numpty
Meaning: A stupid person
Sentence: No Jim, that wasn't what I meant, you big numpty!!!

Word: Oxter
Meaning: Armpit
Sentence: Hey, smell my oxter. Did I forget to put deodorant on?

Word: Porky(ies);
Meaning: Lie (Lies)
Sentence: Jim, are you telling me a porky when you say my butt doesn't look big?

Word: Rat-arsed
Meaning: Drunk
Sentence: I got so rat-arsed last night, I tried to shag my neighbors cat! (That didn't really happen).

Word: Slag
Meaning: Slut
Sentence: She slept with, John, Bob, Tom and Peter, and that was before breakfast. She's such a slag.

Word: Smalls
Meaning: Underwear
Sentence: Jeez Jim. Don't get your smalls all in a bunch. I was only kidding about kneeing you in the knackers!

Word: Soap dodger
Meaning: One who doesn't have good personal hygiene
Sentence: I think most of the kids in my 4th period class are soap dodgers considering swarms of flies follow them from place to place.

Word: Suck it and see
Meaning: to try something without knowing its full consequences
Sentence: Do you think we should enter that haunted house and risk getting killed? I don't know, lets suck it and see.

Word: Tiger Nuts
Meaning: Small pieces of toilet paper that cling to body hair after "bowel movement clean-up"
Sentence: Damn it! I think I have some tiger nuts clinging to my arse! I'll be right back.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those are hilarious!!