So the other day, during my planning period, Lisa's math class, I was sitting behind my desk, minding my own business - laughing at the kids - when Jerry suddenly says to me, "Mrs. Hanke, can I use the bafwoom?" I answered, "I'm not your teacher this period." So he quickly yells out, "Mrs. O, I need to use the bafwoom willy badwy." We both chuckle, praise him for his proper English and off he goes. About 10 minutes go by until Jerry finally returns and as he enters the door, he says loudly for all to hear, "Someone gave me the diawwhea!" I was incapacitated for about 5 minutes while I laughed. Needless to say, he was absent the next day as were 13 teachers and 116 students. Their dropping like flies. It's making me nuts because every little feeling I have makes me think I've caught it too.
So tonight, Jim and I will be going to Walt's Hitching Post for dinner. Originally we were going to go to Montgomery Inn but when I mentioned Walt's, Jim decided that was a better idea. Walt's is better anyway. Plus, Trip is meeting us and that's closer to his house. I can't wait. I'm going to stock up on Immodium before going too so I can eat all the ribs I want without the worry of diawwhea. Hee Hee...later.

No comments:
Post a Comment