My visit to the gyno went just fine. Better yet, he was on time and quick about his business. I discussed with him my mystery pains and he told me that when/if they return to call him and we can discuss our next step. He did say that the way I describe the pain as coming and going is actually a plus because most likely, something really serious doesn't do that; it sticks around and gets worse.
So I'm sitting there, buck naked with the exception of the sweet little lime green poncho they give you to slip over your head a sheet draped over my lap, waiting for the doctor. I had brought my book and decided I might as well read while I wait. So I open up and start reading and I get to a part where a character tells a joke to this doctor that he's dining with. The joke was: "This dentist was having lunch one sunny afternoon on an outdoor patio. Suddenly one of his patients sees him from across the way. She rushes up to him, opens her mouth as wide as she can and sticks her finger in, pointing to a tooth that was apparently giving her trouble. The dentist said to her, 'Thank God I'm not your gynecologist.'" I laughed out loud.
So now I guess my body wants to have something to complain about (it is NOT because I'm getting older) because my shoulder is killing me and not getting better. It hurts really bad and is not going away. I was waiting and hoping that it was a pulled muscle but alas, it isn't. I need to call my dad to find out who I should see about it. I keep thinking that it's going to be something horrible and they'll amputate my arm. I know that sounds terrible but what will I do without my right arm? I write with my right hand; I bat right-handed; I throw right-handed; I could eat with my left hand but not soup. I wipe my arse with my right hand. Oh God! How will I wipe my arse? Okay - I'm getting a little ahead of myself. I sound like Kim!!! (HA!!! I love you Kim!) So anyway, I need to call Dad today to ask him who I should see. Maggie, remind me!
Okay - I'm off. By the way, my Skyline last night was everything I had hoped. Delicious! Tonight, I'm trying a new recipe: Empress Chicken with rice and sugar snap peas.
Lisa - you better be wearing jeans today or I'll beat you!
K - I better go up and scat - and wipe my arse for one of the last times with my right hand. THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!

2 comments:
I decided not to wear jeans today.
Just Kidding!! I have them on right now!! :-)
That sh*$ isn't funny!
Post a Comment