I had a dream last night that Maggie and Charlie were getting married. Their wedding was to be on some island off some coast at 9 PM and Maggie was about 7 or 8 months pregnant.
So the day had been really long preparing everything and getting the guests from the mainland where all the hotels were to the island where the ceremony and reception was supposed to be. At one point, Maggie went to the hotel to lie down because she was exhausted. So I went there on a "break" from helping with the preparations to check on her. She was lying down in bed, sweating like a pig, with her dress (not wedding) soaked because her water had broken. I said to her, "Um, Maggie, did your water break?" and she answered, "Noooo! I'm just sweating really bad." I guess I bought that bunch of hooey and told her that she needed to get up and start dressing for the wedding. I then went to do something else and when I returned to her room, she was in her wedding dress and hunched over having a contraction. I asked her what was up (I must be the stupidest person in town) and she said, "I don't know. I just keep having these weird cramps every few minutes." I say, "That's weird. I'm sure the baby is fine."
After a few more "cramps", I finally figure out that she's in labor so I say, "Um, I think you need to call your doctor." (Who, by the way was in California and we weren't). Her answer was, "Okay but don't tell Charlie. He won't want to get married if I'm in labor. He'll insist on going to the hospital." And of course, being the good sister, I didn't tell. Of course, by the time she and I were walking down the aisle, it was kind of obvious what was going on when Maggie had to pause half way down to double over from a contraction. I woke up then. I don't know if Maggie and Charlie ever made it to their vows but I do know that they were having a boy! Crazy!
So today is a day of rest and relaxation. I just finished with breakfast and in a few minutes, I'll start laundry and get my clothes ready for the week (only 4 days with the kids since Friday is a work day). I will also clean the upstairs and then knit. I'm making mini pizzas and salad for dinner. Yum!
K - Later.

No comments:
Post a Comment