Sunday, January 20, 2008

Can't Sleep!!! 5 Degrees!!!

I'm up. I can't sleep. I woke up at 5:15 and laid in bed, trying to go back to sleep but my own breathing was distracting me. It sounded like a freight train. So I laid there and thought, "If coffee starts brewing at 5:30 I'll get up." (I had set it for 5:30 Friday night for Jim and I didn't know if he had changed it last night). About 15 minutes later, I smelled the enticing odor and so, here I am. It's okay though. I can nap later if need be since I don't have school tomorrow!!! Yeah!!!

I don't have any plans for the day. Yesterday, I completed two knitting projects - one for me (a scarf) and one for a baby. I started another project even though I still have a blanket in mid-knit. I can't help it though - I find something cute and want to knit it right then. I'll just go back and forth. I'll probably take the blanket up and put in my night stand to work on in bed while watching TV. Anyway, today is for football, knitting, reading and keeping warm on the couch in front of the fire. God I'm glad we have a fireplace (knock on wood).

So I had a dream right before I woke up. It was funny. I was a baseball player for the Reds. I also happened to be a black man. I was just starting out and had something like a one million dollar contract for one year. In other words - chump change. So we're mid-way through the season and I have this amazing game one night (I don't even know what position I played). I decided at that point that I was better than one million dollars so I thought I'd do a little negotiating with the owners. Yes, I know. This isn't the way it works. Anyway, I call up my agent and tell him that I want him to call the owners to tell them that I want more money or I'll quit. And get this - my agent does it. He should have been fired right there. Moron. Anyway, he calls me back and tells me the owners are pissed but after some talk they offered me $12 million. Guess what? I turned it down because I wanted more. I told my agent that that's probably their low-ball offer and they've got more cash up their sleeve. Now who's the moron? That's when I woke up. Most likely because my dream had just turned into a nightmare!

Okay - I best go sit on the couch and cuddle up under the covers and read my book and wait for Jim and Zeke to get up so I can make breakfast. It's so cold!!! I don't think the heat in my house has shut off all night!!!

No comments: