...broomstick. And there's about an inch of snow (I always type "snot" first) on the ground. A surprise. I don't think they had anticipated that. Schools are freaking out. Not mine. Yet. You never know but I doubt we'll get a delay. The issue, however, is that it's so cold that the snow melts and then refreezes. Mess. Highways should be fine though. Windchill - 6 degrees!!!
So, my week is fairly easy at school. I'm showing a movie (Devil's Arithmetic) through Wednesday for my English class to introduce our next novel (If I Should Die Before I Wake) about the Holocaust. Kids always enjoy (?) reading about the Holocaust. Well most of them anyway. The pain in the arses never enjoy anything. Anyway, I'm finishing up with World History this week (Industrial Revolution - woohoo) and will then start Geography.
We're in that time of year now where we have to start planning for next year. My head is already pounding. Ugh!!! We'll see how badly we get screwed by the administration. They like to take things away from us and dictate how we do things under the disguised premise of what is "good for kids". Yeah, right. The only thing you're thinking of when it comes to special ed is what looks good on paper and what the best way is to keep us out of your receding hairline.
Okay - I'm done preaching on my pulpit. Sami was the only one listening anyway. She supports whatever I say. She even stands up on her hind legs every couple of minutes to give me a high five. Bubba fell asleep in mid-rant and Zeke. Well, you know Zeke is still up in bed sleeping. I love them!

No comments:
Post a Comment