Saturday, January 12, 2008

Car Washes and Coffee

So Jim and I were laying around watching TV earlier and suddenly he stands up and says "Go get your shoes and meet me in the car." I said, "Am I going to have to get out?" He said no. So I'm thinking he's taking me somewhere neat and special. We drive about a mile up the road to the new coffee shop (Roast something or other), go through the drive through - I order a Cafe Mocha and Jim gets a White Mocha and then he drives to the building directly next to the coffee shop - the car wash - and we sit and wait in line to get a "soft cloth" full body treatment for the Hyundai. It was actually pretty cool. It's a pretty high tech car wash and the soap is cool because it comes out in multi-colors.

So that has been our exciting Saturday. It's almost better than dinner and a movie.

Currently I'm roasting my chicken, my cheesy scalloped potatoes are in the oven and my green beans are simmering on the stove top. Dinner should be delicious. More later. Who knows, maybe we'll hit the Dairy Queen later. Ooh!!! No, that isn't on my diet. Plus, we still have Graeters. God, I'm never going to lose weight!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your guys Saturday's sound an awful lot like our Saturdays. Your date to the coffee shop and car wash sounds like my kind of fun! Speaking of diets, mine starts tomorrow. I will be purging the cabinets and going to the grocery store to get "healthy" food. Crap. I just keep picturing myself fitting into my old clothes. Let's hope it happens!

Lisa said...

I think our room at school is going to be the "biggest loser" room in the school. In this way, it's good to be a loser!!!