So Jim and I went on a rampage at Costco today and restocked our bare shelves. We now have about 10 lbs. of ground beef, 10 packs of chicken, 4 lbs. of stew meat, toilet paper to wipe our arses for weeks, paper towels til the cows come home, nearly 10 cans of green beans and peas, 44 lbs. of dog food, a gigantic bottle of teriyaki as well as dish washing liquid and finally, chicken broth galore. On a funny note - I bought some tampons today, in bulk (88 tampons in a box) and they came with 10 free packs of "Petals, ladies wipes". Jim calls them "cooter cologne". He's funny.
After Costco, we headed to the Target to get some chewies, cat litter and food. I managed to get out of there without buying anything for myself (miracle) but Jim found a major deal on polo shirts and had to get 3. We then headed to Shooter's for a beer and MegaTouch. Afterwards we came home, unpacked the car, divvied up the meat and then headed upstairs for a nap and cuddle with the dogs (while HP entertained us).
Tonight, to treat ourselves, we are going to the Japanese restaurant up the street and partaking in a Hibachi grill dinner. We actually have a "buy one dinner get a second one free" coupon. Aren't we geeks? Who cares. It's all about saving money. I can't wait. My only problem is, do I get chicken, chicken and steak, or chicken, steak and shrimp? It's a dilemma!Okay, best go up and pretty myself for our big night out. (I'm sure we'll be home before 9. I never said I wasn't a loser!)
P.S. That is not a picture of Jim and me. I can hear the hilarious comments already!

No comments:
Post a Comment