Saturday, December 08, 2007

Knock On Wood

So it's Saturday and I haven't posted in a couple days - mainly because moving hurt and I was slightly looped up on pain killers. Which didn't work by the way.

In summary: My mystery pain returned with a on Wednesday. It was pretty subtle that day and though it continued on Thursday, it was manageable and I went to school. Thursday night? I think there was some sort of voodoo party with my doll sitting in center table with a horde of people sticking pins in its right side. The pain was the same as it's been in the past but much more intense and it lasted for about a 1/2 hour each time. Needless to say, I got no sleep on Thursday and so didn't go to school Friday. Yesterday was peppered with pain here and there but I didn't move much since standing and walking brought the pain back with a vengeance. Basically, I laid on the couch, knitted and watched my taped shows.
I can't believe I'm going to say this but my colonoscopy can't come soon enough. I just want to have that question answered. In the meantime, I think I'm going to call my ob/gyn and make an appointment because I'm convinced now that my pain is related to my female plumbing. It will take me, probably, until January to get in anyway so I want to call soon. Maybe I'll just schedule surgery to scoop out all my goods. Just get it all over with. I can't deal with this much longer and poor Jim!

Now, today, knock on wood, I woke up feeling good. I actually slept through the night without pain and it didn't even hurt to switch positions. Keep your fingers crossed that it stays gone. I have a lot to do today but I plan on bossing Jim around a lot. I need to go to the grocery, clean the house, plan the menu for the week, make mom's bed for tomorrow (she's staying with us Sunday) and then tonight is Terri's annual X-mas party. I probably won't be able to last as long as usual but I want to try and put in an appearance. I will be sure to drink plenty of wine so if the pain does return, I won't care! No more pain killer though. I just don't like them and they really don't do anything...just make me talk slow.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope you feel better and that @#$%&# pain stays away!! Have fun tonight!!

Unknown said...

You need to call your parts doctor Monday morning. Enjoy Terri's I am sure the wine will make you fee better don't hold back.